Seaseme Chicken (adapted from slednerkitchen.com)
1lb12.8oz boneless, skinless chicken cut into chunks
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper
2 tbsps whole wheat flour flour
1 tbsp toasted sesame oil
2 tbsp garlic powder
1 tbsp soy sauce
1 tbsp Splenda
1 tbsp white vinegar
1/2 cup low-sodium chicken stock
2 tbsps sesame seeds
1. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
2. In a small bowl, whisk the chicken stock, Splenda, sesame oil, garlic, soy sauce, and white vinegar together. Set aside.
3. In another bowl, toss the chicken with salt, pepper, and flour.
4. In a large pan sear the chicken in one layer on both sides until just cooked.
5. Turn off the heat and pour the chicken stock mixture over the chicken, stirring to combine.
6. Pour chicken into oven safe pan, put in the oven and cook for 20 minutes.
7. Toss the chicken with sesame seeds and serve.
Makes 4 servings @ 273 calories each
Egg Fried Rice (adapted from life-in-the-lofthouse.com)
1.5 cups unprepared whole wheat Minute Rice
3 tbps toasted sesame oil
1 cup thawed mixed vegetables
1 small onion, chopped
1 tbsp garlic powder
1/3 cup egg whites
1/4 cup soy sauce
1. Bring 2 cups of water to a boil
2. Add rice, stirring occasionally until all water absorbed
3. Put rice aside
4. On high heat, stir fry mixed vegetables, onions and garlic until tender
5. Lower the heat to medium and push the mixture off to one side, then pour your eggs on the other side of skillet and stir fry until scrambled.
6. Add the rice, sesame seed oil and soy sauce and blend all together well.
7. Stir fry until thoroughly heated!
Makes 4 servings @ 131 calories each