Here are my 5 reasons for shopping online:
1. Less impulse buys – I'm terrible for this and commisioned sales people undoubtadly love me for it! I am easily swayed into upgrading my purchase or picking up a pack of gum at the register or mindlessly adding things to my cart as I wander aisles. With online shopping, I look up what I'm looking for and then click - there's less of a temptation for last minute add-ons.
2. Quiet – I'm not a fan of crowds, or interacting with people and small talk. Online shopping gives me the permssion to anti-social and not engage with small talk while I wait for card to process.
3. Privacy – Sometimes I buy things or sizes that I don't want to make public. It's certainly comfortable buying such items at home without peering eyes.
4. Laziness – I'm lazy. There's really no ifs, ands, or buts about it. There's something lovely about shopping while lying in bed in my pjs!
5. Save money – This is by far the biggest reason I shop online, since I'm all about having more money in my pockets! There are two ways I save by shopping online:
a. Flash sales – watch for these. I suppose it's a bit of a contradiction to #1, since impulse buys can happen, but very often you can get great stuff at even better prices!
b. Cashback sites – Shopping through these sites give you cash back for purchases. The top three sites I use are: swagbucks, ebates and greatcanadianrebates. I rotate through the three sites and choose the one that offers the best cashback for the particular store on that particular day (each site often offers bonus cashback events – but usually swagbucks has the best return).
So there you have it! The top 5 reasons why I prefer to shop online!
I'm so happy you stopped by my site, and you will be too!
My name is Elena and I am here to guide you in saving more, living on less and finding new ways to earn extra money on the side!
One Income Dollar
Canadian Budget Binder
Canadian Dream Free at 45
Fabulously Broke in the City
Give Me Back My 5 Bucks